Friday, March 19, 2010

Suspense

Today is the day I'm going to receive a phone call telling me whether I got the job at The Bread Basket or not. The interview went really well, I'm feeling confident. But with every passing minute without the phone ringing, I can feel my confidence slipping. What if they're still debating? What if I have terrible availability? What if I rubbed Linda the wrong way? What if someone else had a more stellar interview than I did?

I can't take it. I baked lemon cupcakes and watched an entire episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to pass the time. While the cupcakes turned out delicious (and I'm very pleased with my decision to make mini ones) and I nearly cried when the Ty told the Stagg family that CVS was paying off their medical bills, I'm still a bundle of nerves.

Please, Bread Basket, call me soon. Hire me. Teach me. Accept me. Love me.

No comments: