Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hardest Year: A review of 2012


January
  • Hitting the gym and hitting it hard with Emily 
  • D.r.a.m.a
  • Realizing that I don't have to put up with people who treat me like I don't matter
  • Blanket fort of AWESOME'
  • Standing up for myself
February
  • Erin's super fun visit to Rexburg!
  • Overall jams in 306
  • The return of Zombie Sundays
  • Superbowl Sunday at Erik's with a TRASHCAN of delicious guacamole
  • An awesome trip to California to visit my family
March
  • Jetson the altima! I bought him!
  • New job at Subway (finally!!)
  • Sunday dinners with Mariah and the boys from 211
  • HUGE social upswing. What a great month for friends
  • Longboarding and unicycling weather
April
  • A greater understand of the peace the temple brings
  • Falling in love with Bozeman, Montana
  • So many credits, so much work, so little time
  • Meeting CARLEIGH WALLACE
  • Renewed vigor for life
May
  • School pressure
  • Mother's Day break down
  • Days spent in the kitchen 
  • Late nights with Carleigh, Vic, and Nate
  • Finishing Eng 314 without failing. BOOYA
June
  • Bill Cosby. So hilarious.
  • Heather in Rexburg!
  • Andrew and Brenda's beautiful  reception
  • ServSafe certified. Owned it.
  • Reconnecting with Justin
July
  • Mom's hospitalization. The beginning of an unanticipated road.
  • Destroying all the boys at lasertag
  • Fourth of July adventure in IF with Carleigh and Madison
  • Dark Knight+Carleigh+Chick-Fil-A=Awesome
  • Meeting Roger and our fairytale beginning
August
  • A trip home to realize the road ahead. And Erik and Ashleigh's wedding!
  • Late night pillowtalk with Morgan
  • Watching as much of the Olympics with Roger as possible
  • White Mystery Airhead taste test experiement and floating the canal
  • Storm Chasing
September
  • Reunited with dear friends at last!
  • The end of some things. The end of Jetson the Altima. The end of my fairytale romance with Roger
  • Work ethic like never before.
  • Falling in love with Literary Theory
  • The feeling of rain mixed with tears
October
  • The best conference weekend ever, mixed with the hardest goodbye.
  • Facing reality, not wanting to let go of anything.
  • Emotional Overload
  • My mother's death and funeral. Beautiful and bitterly painful. I miss her so much.
  • Inability to function
November
  • Saying things I regret, being weaker than I ever wanted to be
  • Learning to be more thankful
  • Horseback riding with Emily!
  • Thanksgiving trip to Utah with Erik and Ashleigh
  • Literary hunger. I could live off literature.
December
  • Finally selling Jetson
  • Completing the hardest semester of my life with a 3.5 GPA
  • The return of PINK HAIR!
  • A bittersweet Christmas spent learning to love my family even more
  • One of the best New Year's of my life.

Through such a tumultuous year, I'm grateful for solid people who've shown love and support through everything I've gone through. I'm blessed to have such choice people in my life.  Thank you!

Let's hope 2013 has better things in store. 

No comments: