Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My friends, they're everywhere

Over this past week I've had two friends recieve their mission calls. One is going to Montana and the other to Michigan. I already have friends serving in Georgia, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Latvia, The West Indies, Chile, Brazil, Africa, Japan, and Germany. Although I don't get to see these boys for a good chunk of time, I'm so proud of them. It's so amazing to me that these young men, between the ages of 19 and 21, dedicate two years of their life to serving the Lord. I've always had an appreciation for missionaries but I have even more now. Having these missionaries be boys that I grew up with or went to school with has changed how I view missionaries.
I love it.
I'm putting more thought into going on a mission when I turn 21.

3 comments:

Heather Rose said...

I'm thinking about a mission too! No joke.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Ross said...

i want to go on a mission too!!!

except, i'm not mormon :(

but i will be standing vigil until you get back from yours!