Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Did you use any sunscreen at all?" "Nope!" "You look like Satan!"

Over the break last week I went to Rigby Lake with Kate and Madi and the three of us swam in the freezing water and then we read on the beach for hours, taking an occasional dip because I kept over heating.

This is why I was over heating:



Yeah, it was intense. This is the sunburn two days later:



No wait, it gets better. Here's a picture Kate took without flash, which really shows the extent of the burn.



Gross.

A week later, I'm finally peeling. It's about time. I'm ready to have a normal back that a) doesn't hurt when I wear a shirt/bra (especially a bra) b) doesn't hurt to sleep on c)doesn't feel all leathery and d)isn't flaking dead skin EVERYWHERE whenever I move/change my clothes. It's nasty. I'd like to be able to cuddle with Chadd and not be flinching every two seconds when he touches the burn. SO irritating.

Edit: The title of this blog comes from something I overheard in my anthropology class about a month ago. I thought it was hilarious.

No comments: