Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Holy Grail of Kitchen Gadgets

I bought a Kitchenaid Professional 600 as a graduation present to myself.  The thing is massive and it just barely fits under the cabinets in the kitchen, which is good because then it doesn't have to hide out in the pantry, it gets to sit proudly where all may view it.

I feel a sense of accomplishment, and not just because I finished culinary school.  I feel like a grown up.  Instead of saving my money for the newest Holiday Celebration collectors Barbie, I'm spending my money on things like mixers and knives.  I obsessed over this mixer.  I've been thinking about it for months.  I've been looking online at all the different prices, debating between the Artisan mixer and the Pro 600.  I really wanted the apple green (or maybe the pistachio) artisan, but the pro just made more sense.  I succumbed to the irresistible power of he Pro 600 and bought it, with the help of a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond.

It's beautiful.  I'm in love.  I feel guilty sitting in front of my computer blogging, not sitting with my mixer, touching it as much as I can.  I plan on making muffins tonight, but I think I'm going to have to make something sooner.  I can't wait to get that baby into action.


It's just so very lovely...

No comments: