Wednesday, October 20, 2010

“You be careful. People in masks cannot be trusted"

There's something really satisfying about creating something delicious then having people consume it.  I think that satisfaction is part of the reason I'm drawn to cooking.  Eating is something everyone in the world does, so to be able to deliver something delicious is awesome.  I love it.

I cannot tell you how excited I was last week to get started on all the food I planned on for m graduation party.  I spent a lot of time working on it, but it was worth it. I enjoyed every minute of standing around in the kitchen doing things like kneading cracker dough and rolling chocolate truffles.   It was glorious.  Plus, I got some good use of my kitchenaid in.

Friday was a blur, I had so much to do.  I was a bit stressed, but everything fell into place.  The kitchen looked spectacular, my sister came over and took wonderful pictures of the food and me in my chef's coat.  I felt a little bad for the people who showed up on time (or within the first hour and a half) because it was slow going and I was still putting things together.  But everyone showed up in masks, looking fabulous.  It was awesome.

Some of us fabulous masked ladies.  And Keith, creeping in the background

Masks all around

Chelsea's mask is legit, from Italy.

The Phantom made an appearance

Getting ready to play Mafia

It was a great night

No comments: