Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 10: A letter to the person I hate most...or someone who hurt me

I thought the letter to my crush day gave me a hard time...I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with something to write here.  I don't even know who I'll write to....  I suppose this will have to do.

Dear Friend,

To this day I'm still not sure what happened between us.  I don't know what I did to make you loathe me, I don't know how we went from being so close to so far so quickly.  It makes me sad because I have a lot of good memories with you.
But you hate me and you hurt me.  You said cruel things to me, you turned people against me, you made me doubt whether or not I was a good person.  I remember the last night we spoke.  I came home sobbing so hard, my mom thought someone had been hurt.  I couldn't catch my breath.  You were just so cruel.  So cold.  No one has ever spoken to me like that before.
I prayed for you that night.  I cried for you and your pains.  I cried because I knew you were losing faith in what I hold dear.  I prayed that you would have strength, that you would find happiness.  I don't know if you have.
All the tears and unkind words aside, I'm glad everything happened they way it did.  It set me off down a path that undoubtedly has put me where I am today.  I have strong friendships and people I love, I have fond memories with good roommates, I have no regrets.  I'm glad you set me down this path, letting me meet the people I have met.
I still wish you happiness.

From,
An old friend

No comments: