Thursday, December 29, 2011

"The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed"

I try to be someone who lives in the present, with an eye on the future.  I try to live as an optimist in everything I do.  I try to "let the dead past bury it's dead" and move on with things.  However, there are times when I slip.  There are times when I let the past get me, when I allow pessimism to creep in.  

The truth is, I can't change how things have gone in my past.  I can't change the way I've acted nor the way others have acted towards me.  It's easy to say that these things are just going to be a part of me and that similar situations are going to have the same results.  It's easy to fall into habits of sadness and low confidence.  It's easy to tell myself that I'm not worth it.  

It's times like this, when I feel as though I've fallen under the spell of looking at my feet instead of forward, when I need most of all to pull out every ounce of effort I have and put it towards looking up with a smile.  I am who I am because of the things that have happened to me.  I am a woman with a bright future, I am above the things and people of the past.  I deserve happiness because I know I am worth it.  

I am worth it.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

You are! You can do it. Looking at the past can always get you down if you look back down the wrong path. Be happy, cause you have had some amzaing adventures to get where you are today and a lot of good memories. (Like meeting me;)jk, well maybe not a real jk)

Miriam Herm said...

Yes you are!!! You are amazing, wonderful, kind, special, good and smart.

I love you.