Tuesday, February 21, 2012

“Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof"

This past week I traveled home to babysit my brothers while my Dad and 17 year old brother, Aaron went on a trip to New York. While it was a wonderful visit with my mother, sister, and younger brothers, I found myself rather anxiously awaiting my return to Rexburg.  I think it’s safe to say that is now my home. 

The return trip ended up being a series of events that have reminded me how acutely aware of me the Lord is. 
The roadrunner shuttle that came to pick me up ended up arriving twenty minutes early, before I had gotten home from bidding my adorable nieces and nephew farewell.  When I pulled into the driveway, I got into rush mode.  I ran inside, grabbed my (thankfully) already packed bags, kissed my mother goodbye, and was out the door.  I had just gone grocery shopping and realized I left the bread in my Mom’s car.  As I pulled out my phone to call her to let her know, I realized the keys to her car were in my pocket, on their way to the airport with me.  Luckily we have a spare, so I called home and told her about the bread in the car and the keys in my pocket.  Originally I was going to text her, but I felt a phone call would be better.  Reaching her immediately through a phone call must have been inspired.  She called me back a few minutes later to tell me that while getting the bread from the car, my brother had miraculously decided to look in the center console of the car and found my wallet, which had my ID in it. 

I had a brief freak out moment, but managed to convince the drive that I needed my wallet and we would have to go back to my house, even though we left it twenty minutes earlier.  He was hesitant at first, since we had two other passengers in the shuttle and it was a holiday, which usually means the 101 and 405 are packed.  But we turned around and I traded the car keys (and my mom’s debit card, which I found in another pocket) for my wallet. 

I truly believe that it was the Spirit that whispered to me, “Call mom” and told James to check the car thoroughly.  I also believe that the Lord cleared the holiday traffic; we made it to LAX in less than an hour.  I made my flight no problem at all.

The lesson I learned today was to listen to those odd feelings.  The Lord has a way of working things out, you just have to do your part, even if it’s as simple as making a phone call.

No comments: