Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment"

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do once I finish school in October. Do I go back to Rexburg? Do I stay at home and work and go to Moorpark? Do I move to Utah? Arizona? Chicago? Somewhere other than home? I don't know. There are so many options, I've been avoiding seriously looking into them for awhile.

Recently one possibility has stuck in my mind, though.

Europe. I want to travel Europe. I want to stuff all my travel supplies into a backpack and set off. I want to spend weeks in certain cities only to get on a train and head off to the next country. I want to stay in hostels and buy fruit from the local markets and spend hours in the museums and meet people. I want to go taste the food with these new culinary eyes of mine and bask in the wonderment of European cuisine. I want to be enriched by the history and enamored with the art work. I want to go.

Thus far I haven't anyone to go with (it's hard to find someone to go with me for three months) but I've still got my heart set on going.

Here's hoping...


Santillana Del Mar-Spain 2006

No comments: