Sunday, December 28, 2008

Called to Serve

I have a lot of guy friends. A lot of them. For some reason they've just been easier to get along with, so we haven't had fights and the friendships have lasted longer than almost every friendship I've had with a girl.

Now that I'm almost twenty, most of my guy friends (the LDS ones, at least) have either left on their missions or have their calls. In January I have three guys leaving: Sam is going to Indiana, James is going to Poland, and Jesse is going to Taiwan. I am unbelievably excited for the three of them and I'm excited to see how they grow and change over the next two years. However, even though this is a joyful time and I'm happy they're going, it's still a little bittersweet.

Sam is one of my best friends. At one point we were a little more involved than we were prepared for, but that died and now we're jsut really good friends. We've talked about everything under the sun and he understands me well and I him. I know it's a good thing that he's going to serve the Lord in Indiana, but I'm going to miss him. A lot.

I'm such a whiner.


Me and Sam after his farewell. 12.28.08

No comments: