Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seizing the Opportunity

Right now I'm thousands of miles away from some of my dearest friends. I'm in California, Heather is in Nebraska, and Eryn is in New Hampshire. Our trio spans across the entire United States. It's lame being so far away from them because we're all in different time zones with different schedules and it's harder than you'd think to find time to talk to each other. However, we manage to do so on occasion.

In April the three of us will be heading back to school in Idaho for a reunion...but we're going to reunite before then. Eryn is bringing her car from New Hampshire to school and she's invited both me and Heather to fly to NH and make the drive with her. The drive across almost the entire continental united states. We're talking about road trip fest '09! This is something every college student dreams of having the opportunity to do. I'm a bit apprehensive, considering the amount of money it'll take and the amount of money I need for the upcoming semesters...but I'm doing it anyway.

A week or so into April I'm going to drive my car to Utah, leave it there while I fly out to New Hampshire, and then drive for about a week with my girlfriends. We're going to stop in all these places that I've never been before and we're going to see the country. I don't think there are words for how excited I am.

Carpe Diem. That's what this time of my life is for, right?

4 comments:

Heather Rose said...

'girlfriends' teehee.

Melissa Tippets said...

soooo jealous.
I'm sad I won't be here for summer.
and sad Heather won't be here for the fall. :(

Eryn Chauvin said...

the very best week of our lives baby!!!!!! and i agree. when i'm creating worlds, i am going to stick CA, NE and NH right next to each other.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!