Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm not a good blogger...but I am good at costuming!

I'm not very consistent with my blogging, now am I? I suppose it's because nothing very interesting is going on. I'm just living a pretty bland life at home.

I am, however, winning when it comes to being an awesome sister. My nine year old brother was invited to a costume party today and was supposed to dress up like the Joker from the recent Batman movie. I wasn't exactly sure if we'd be able to pull it off, but I told him I'd take him to the thrift store and we'd try and find appropriate clothes for the Joker. So we went and struck gold. We found everything we needed (except I got the wrong colored shirt...but that's okay, it still worked). Yesterday we bought face paint to go along with the costume.

When it came almost time for the party I got him all dressed up. I used glue to get his hair to do what I wanted it to (his hair is very very stubborn) and then we sprayed it green. I painted his face as best as I could and now it looks slightly like a mixture of the cartoon Joker and Heath Ledger's Joker. Once James put the clothes on, it all came together. He looked awesome and he was so excited to go show off his costume. I'm glad we managed to make it work.

He told me he doesn't want me to leave in April for school. Awww!


Make up and hair!


The full look


This is my favorite picture.


Why so serious?

3 comments:

Hernan+ said...

the background makes it really hard to read

belles said...

Love it! :D

juleen said...

James, you look Great!
Good job big sis!