Monday, July 14, 2008

Can't sleep

We took a long nap in the park today so I'm wide awake at 2 AM. Unfortunate.

Heather and I took a trip to the housing office only to discover that the process of getting a house approved is quite difficult. The property needs a separate apartment for a manager to live in. There are several requirments for being a manager as well. Over all, it looks like it'll be a while before we figure out the whole situation. I hope it works out.

I leave for home on Friday afternoon. That means I have four and a half days left. I'm completely torn. To the point where it's ridiculous. Mom told me time and time again that the best friends I would ever have I would find in college. Like usual, mom is right. I've made some of the best friends in the entire world. Randi and Heather and I go together like the three musketeers. The three of us got into Randi's bed tonight and watched a slide show of pictures from this semester. So many good memories.

I have a love/hate relationship with the three-track system. I love it because I don't have to be in Idaho during the coldest months. I hate it because half of the people I meet are on the opposite track, so I only see them for three months out of the year. LAME. There are so many people that I've met this semester, Randi being one of them, that I want to spend sooo much time with because I enjoy being around them, but they're on Winter/Summer. So I won't see them until next April. That's a long ways away. I'm tempted to stay during the winter. Very tempted.

And at the same time, I really miss home. Why can't there be a BYU-California? Can't all these people go to a school there?

1 comment:

Erica said...

Live in the house but make your address an approved housing one - they'll never know. All of your mail will get sent to that address, but you can live in unapproved housing.