Friday, October 31, 2008

God listens

Today is Halloween. October 31st. I've been a little upset that it hasn't gotten cold yet. I know that when it does get cold, I'll be wishing for these days when it's in the upper 60s in the afternoon, but I still want it to start snowing. I've been a bit puzzled as to why I'm finding myself in Rexburg at the end of October still only wearing a sweatshirt (if even that) when I go outside. Well, yesterday Heather answered that for me.

On campus we're expanding a lot. The school is growing rapidly, so they're building a couple new buildings. They're in the process of building a huge auditorium that's large enough to hold the entire student body. I'm pretty excited for it, since it's going to be really neat.

Now, what does this have to do with the weather? The roof is not complete. If the roof is not complete before it snows, construction will be delayed until after the winter when the snow melts. In order to continue building, the fauculty has been praying to dely the snow. Thus far, we've only had one weekend of snow and it didn't stick. One more week of sunshine will enable the construction workers to complete the roof of the new auditorium and thus enabling them to continue construction through the Winter.

How awesome is that? Going this long without snow is practically unheard of, but the prayers of the staff have held the Rexburg snow at bay.

No comments: