Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Movie Star

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a movie star. Well, not really, but I am going to be in a short film destined to be show at several film festivals. A few weeks ago in my dance class my teacher announced that a friend of hers' husband is directing a short film he's going to use to break into the film industry. For this film they need fourteen dancers to do a western-ish line dance. I volunteered along with a couple other people from my class and last Saturday we went out to a house (a house with a HUGE dance studio built inside it, I might add) in the outskirts of Rexburg to learn the dance. It's really silly and we're supposed to be overly animated (we're part of a dream sequence), mix in the insanely unattractive frilly dresses and plaid shirts, it's quite a scene. All the same, I'm excited. This Saturday will be spent on location in Felt, Idaho in the middle of nowhere where there isn't even a bathroom unless you drive for a while. Yes, I'm thrilled. Oh, it's almost probably going to be snowing. And freezing. So excited.

Edit::Girls jump to conclusions so quickly. Really, now? Ridiculous.

2 comments:

Heather Rose said...

The dress is scary.

You are gonna be awesome in it.

Maybe someone will see it and want you in their real movie, and then it'll all snowball from there and you'll become famous.

Or maybe you'll have a blast, come back, and that'll be the end of it. ;)

<3

Manda said...

Preferably the latter. Becoming famous has no appeal to me.