Sunday, May 18, 2008

Busy

After four hours of consecutive studying, I've decided to take a break.

The weekend is finally coming to a close, and I'm feeling good about the work I got done. I was a little stressed out today because I realized just how many things I have going on this week that I didn't bother to prepare for yesterday (we had good weather and we all seized the opportunity to be outside).

Friday night, to clear my mind, I went with Eryn, Heather, and Randi to go door knocking for dates. It sounds lame, it is lame, and it's so much fun at the same time. We met a couple of guys from Rockland, the mens apartment complex right next to ours, and invited them to see a movie with us. They agreed and we went and saw the movie 21 (with Jim Sturgess...so pretty!). As it turns out, two of the guys used to room with Carly's older brother Danny. Small world. We didn't get home until two in the morning. An hour after curfew. They caught us on camera, but nothing has happened yet, so I think we're in the clear.

Yesterday I had the chance to go with Randi to do baptisms in the temple. It was different than in the LA temple. but it was just as fantastic. The Rexburg temple is so gorgeous, inside and out. I love it. I'm so glad we have it only two minutes from where we live and we can go as often as we want. Walking outside after having gotten wet in the baptismal font felt soooo good! The weather has been brilliantly nice. I love summer time...when it stops raining and snowing.

I discovered that, with a push, my car can make it over a mound of sand. This occured when we went to the sand dunes for a bonfire and I got a little stuck trying to get to the parking lot. Someone should tell the people who maintain the parking lots out there that not everyone has a truck (okay, everyone who is attending the school and isn't from Idaho) and can't make it to the actual lot (where it's not sand, it's nice red dirt). When we got back, we went bowling. And I failed.

I can't wait to go home. Just a few more days!

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

we must go bowl again soon.

it was a blast.

and my arm hurts like none other.

and...

*sigh*