Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dinosaurs and Goodbyes

I went to Sam's house last night for a final night with him. It ended up being me, Sam, Daniel (Sam's best friend), and Sam's family. We watched the last half of Top Gun (at least that's when I showed up) followed by Jurassic Park 2 and 3 (Sam pretended to be a dinosaur the whole movie. How obnoxious can he be? seriously) and about an hour of the fourth Harry Potter movie (we skipped to the 'good' parts. It's Sam's favorite movie and he quoted every line along with the movie. Accents and all). I'm glad I got to go. I'm glad I got to have a last night with him. He framed the picture of the two of us we had taken at his farewell last week and gave it to me. I don't care if it looks like an engagement picture (which both Eryn and my sister said), it's home is on my bookshelf.

You know, I realize this is old news to a lot of you and I'm sure a couple of you could have told me that of course Sam and I are more than just friends, like I've been insisting we are, but it's still nice that I got to know that there's still something there before he left.

I'm not waiting for him. I don't really like the idea of waiting for someone, but if it works out that I haven't gotten married by the time he gets back, then we'll see what happens. For now, I'm just proud of him for going. And I'm sorry I have nothing else in my life to blog about right now. I'm a little bit pathetic.

No comments: