Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homeward Bound

The end is here. I'm officially done with school for the summer. And I just realized that I'm officially a junior in college. Why does that sound so old? Why do I feel like I'm still sixteen and a junior in high school? I feel like the experiences I've had now with friends and stuff are just like the ones in high school, only in a different setting and everyone is in their twenties. Maybe it's just because the people I look up to that I saw in college have gotten older and my perception of what it'll be like to "be in college" has gotten older with them. I don't know if I'm articulating my thoughts very well...and I'm digressing.

The end of the semester is here and it feels great. I'm done with finals and I'm done with clean checks and I'm about 92.6% done with packing everything into my car in preparation to go home. It feels liberating.

I leave early tomorrow morning in order to get home tomorrow night at a somewhat decent hour. Robin from Camarillo is riding with me and I hope she's prepared for the intense heat we're going to experience. Let me tell you something, sitting in traffic in Las Vegas in my little black BMW with black leather interior with no air conditioning at the end of July is pretty much torture. I'm fairly certain that if I hadn't been wearing a shirt last summer, my skin would have baked on the seat.

In short, I'm going to be home tomorrow night and I amso excited. I've made plans with Nathan to go surfing with him and Russell on Saturday. I haven't seen both of those boys since before their missions. I called Nathan the other day and I can't even express to you how excited I was to talk to him. I love that kid.

California, I'm coming home.

No comments: