Saturday, August 15, 2009

Brookstone

So friends, I have a job. I work as a sales associate for Brookstone in the Oaks Mall. You know, the snazzy store that has massage chairs, voice activated alarm clocks, remote control helicopters, and now frogs.

I started work on Tuesday this week and today will be my fourth day working. I really enjoy it quite a bit, actually. It's interesting and not too demanding. My feet think I should get better shoes, but those will have to wait until I have more money. I already spent a fortune on work clothes.

Tuesday was my first day and I got a pretty basic overview of everything. Wednesday I helped open and pretty much ran the front of the floor by myself (I was sooo scared of out my mind!) and then yesterday I helped close. Tonight I help close again and I'm fairly excited about it. I still don't have an employee number, so I can't use the cash register, clock in or out, or get a paycheck. I should have one by next week, hopefully. It's a little bit important. But I'm learning the floor really well! I've got flying the helicopter down pretty well. I'm also all over those frogs. I know practically everything there is to know about them. In fact, I sold three yesterday.

I have a big girl job that neither mom nor dad helped me get. I feel quite proud of myself. :)