Thursday, January 28, 2010

A few things

It's sunny again in Southern California and things are looking up. So up, in fact, that I have no qualms about my current course of action (not including the state of my bedroom, which I definitely intend to fix very soon.) Anyway, here are a few things I've been thinking about lately...

1. In a group of friends made up of three or more people, there's bound to be drama going on all the time. I've got that awesome group of friends from the singles ward, right? Well, as of late, I don't quite know who's still friends with who, who we shouldn't be inviting to movie nights, and (sad to say) who still considers me part of the group. I've come to a point where I don't quite care where I stand with the group, if they want to invite me places/tell me things/keep me in the loop, great! If not, their loss. When we do hang out, it's fun. When we don't, I find other things to keep me amused. I'm content.

2. Texting is a major social handicap. It's this way of communicating that makes it so we're supposed to be able to reach another person at any time, from anywhere, no matter where they are. No one is unreachable. No one has to actually pick up the phone and actually call someone because texting is so quick and convenient! That, in combination with communication via internet, has caused our ability to interact on a more personal level (face to face, on the phone...) suffer. Getting to know a person doesn't take as much effort. I feel like I should quit texting or something because I know that I'm the kind of person where if you don't text back within five minutes, I start to wonder if you're mad at me, if I did something wrong...it's ridiculous! But really, I'm way too addicted to texting to stop. Sad, but true.

3. Being myself is perfect. I have a date on Saturday. I'm excited.

No comments: