Thursday, March 25, 2010

A big sigh of relief

You know, for a while there I wasn't sure what I was doing with my life. Yeah, I was going to school at BYU-Idaho and loving it, but I was majoring in University Studies which really didn't set me up for any career. People would ask me, "What are you going to do with that?" Honestly, I had no idea. I still have no idea. It was just something where I could mix and match and study the things that interest me (spanish, english, and dance.) It was exciting, because I loved it, but the future was this big, looming thing quickly approaching that required so much more than I was preparing. I knew something different needed to happen.

With the emptiness of my bank account last Fall, things changed. I went through the whole stay home and work until summer, Oxnard college, and then Westlake Culinary. And now I've got this job at The Bread Basket. I don't know how it all happened, but somehow all the pieces have fallen into place quite nicely. Better than I had ever dreamed, actually. I've found my niche in baking (or cooking as a whole) and now everything is working out. It's relieving, to say the least. I have money in the bank, two jobs, one soon to be replaced with a job I only ever dreamed of having (serious, I dreamed way back that I had a job at this bakery and I woke up thinking I've never ever ever get it), and I'm able to be home with my family, providing the help that they need.

I'm just so...content. And happy. And giddy.
I can't wait to see what life has to offer. Whatever it is, I'm sure there'll be cake...

2 comments:

s a r a h said...

i'm reading this and thinking "yea! me too!"
i'm just happy that we both took the time away from the byu scene to figure out what we really want and that happiness has found you as it has found me.
it feels so good to know what you want and go out and get it, so congratulations lady!!!
also, i don't see enough of you. i think we should fix this.

Michael Ross said...

i'm so happy to read that everything is going so well for you. congrats! :)