Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Can't stop that mambo beat

We're nearing the end of the semester and that means time to prepare for the dance showcase and competition! I've already got my competition partner, Ethan. We're dancing the two-step and we're all over it. We're only competing with our class, since we're the only 281 class, but I'm confidant we will do well.
On the night of the big band formal, our class has to perform a routine of a dance we learned in class. Our teacher, Sister Hess, has decided we've got the rhythm down enough to perform the Mambo. I am in love with this dance. It's a latin dance, which I enjoy a whole lot, so it's tons of fun. We've got hip action, fancy foot pops, and snazzy moves that look amazing when the whole group does it right. I'm so excited to perform.

I love ballroom dance.

No comments: