Sunday, December 14, 2008

Back in our home

I drove all day yesterday and got home at seven. Ten hours, almost exactly.

Being home feels really good. It's nice that it's not freezing outside, or even close to it. It's nice that it's not windy and that there are hills and mountains. It's nice to not be in the rental house anymore and have my own bathroom and tons of space. However, it doesn't feel like home yet.

Our house is different. So different. I keep walking out of my bedroom (which, aside from a new light fixture and molding around the doors, etc. is the same) and going almost into the closet insead of the doorway to the rest of the house. It's further up the hall now and right where the doorway was before is a linen closet. I forgot how big my bedroom is. I know I'm going to fill it, but I just can't seem to figure out how I'm going to.

Going to bed last night, I felt like I was in a strangers home. But once everything is settled, it'll feel right and better.

I miss my cat. He's gone.

1 comment:

juleen said...

sorry to here about your cat. Glad to hear you're home safe.
xoxo juleen