Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shall we dance?

Saturday afternoon I got to participate in one of my favorite activities of the semester: The Social Dance Competition. This was followed by our class performance at the Big Band Formal last night.

This semester I'm taking Dance 281, in which we learned advanced Foxtrot and Triple Swing as well as basic steps in west coast swing, mambo, samba, and night club two step. For our competition (which was just between the people in our class, since we're the only 281 class) we competed in Night Club Two-Step. It's a simple dance that can be danced to a whole lot of popular music, which makes it really fun. I danced with a guy named Ethan from Blackfoot, ID. He's a really fun guy and he's ALWAYS smiling! On one of the videos Eryn took of us dancing, you cna hear her commenting on how happy he always is. We placed third. We got medals. We were stoked!


Ethan and I dancing in the open swing session.

Last night was the Big Band Social Dance Formal where our class got to show off by performing our incredibly sexy mambo. I danced with a guy named Spencer who's quite a laugh. We had tons of fun dancing together. I still adore the Mambo.


Me and Spencer after our performance. We're trying to look tough, but I look like I'm about to cry.

1 comment:

juleen said...

Congrats on the medal!