Sunday, March 8, 2009

Roadshows and Elemntary Schools

Being a nice older sister, I went and watched my brother perform in the stake roadshow tonight. Our ward did well, though not as well as a couple other wards, but definitely better than some. The kinks in the script were fixed and everyone seemed to be having fun. I really liked the Snow White put to the songs from Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat as well as the Wizard of Oz one. Those two were well done and entertaining. Except in the end, Snow White tells the prince she's in love with someone else. Edward Cullen! Then some kid with his face covered in silver/shimmery paint and an awful hair-do came on stage and gave her an apple. In my opinion, it ruined the whole thing. Edward Cullen? Really? Gross. I'd mention my dislike for the Annie/American Shoe Idol/Gross feet production, but the thought of those nasty foot costumes and the kids prancing around pretending to be foot fungus makes me want to throw up.

After the roadshow was over, I went out with a couple friends to the elementary school by my house and we hopped the fence to go play hide and go seek. We ended up just walking around scaring each other since we all had earplugs that made it hard to hear anyone coming up on you. But the moon was really bright, so it didn't work as well as it would have on a darker night. Still, it was pretty fun.

1 comment:

Heather Rose said...

Why did you all have earplugs?