Friday, May 29, 2009

Bruce, you stubborn thing

This past week Bruce, my computer, decided that it wanted to be lame and not connect to the internet. I took it to the computer help desk guy (remember him? He's amazing) to have him (who ended up being a different him, a guy named Michael from my D&C class) take a look and fix whatever was wrong. He took a look and fixed it.

Or so he said. I took my computer home only to discover that it still wouldn't connect to the internet. Big problem, considering how many of my class assignments are online. I called Michael and told him the problem and he said they'd have to wipe the whole hard drive clean and take it back to the I-just-bought-this type setting. Fine, I backed up everything and sent Bruce on in to be reborn. Shortly after dropping the computer off, I got a phone call telling me I needed to have these certain start up disks and without them they couldn't do whatever it is there were gonna do. I have those disks, just not here. They're somewhere buried in my closet back home.

I decided to take my computer home and try one of the special tricks I learned last semester, since the computer guys didn't have an alternative solution on how to get the internet working. I did my thing. I'm so online on my laptop right now.

Can I get a "booya, grandma!"? (that was for you, Miriam)

I rock.

Also, I made a stir fry type dish tonight from scratch without a recipe. It was delicious. I cut up a chicken breast, cooked it in olive oil and a bit of soy sauce, tossed in some bell peppers and some salt and pepper and more olive oil and soy sauce. I decided to be daring and added a good amount of ground ginger and then I let it all simmer for a bit while I prepared some corn tortillas. Ate it like a taco. Not gonna lie, it was pretty darn good. Next time I'm going to change it up a bit and by the end of the semester I'll have perfected it. :)

No comments: