Monday, July 26, 2010

"Hors D'oeuvre: A ham sandwich cut into forty pieces"

I made an hors d'oeuvre today. Well, in reality I mashed together two of my favorite recipes, but it worked! It worked so well that I'm going to do it again this week and take them to class and have everyone salivating at the thought of my rosemary and shallot chicken ebelskivers! And then I will win the hearts of my fellow culinary adventurers! I will be made the hors d'oeuvre QUEEN!

I feel like an evil (ebel?) genius.

Hors d'oeuvres aside, I'm hungry for babies. I got to hold the 21 day old son of my cousin Isabel. His name is Andres and I fell in love. Those tiny, dark eyes just looking up at me and his tiny, tiny nose! I can hardly stand it. I'm lucky there will be a baby in my immediate family this coming year that I'm sure will be making frequent visits to my house, otherwise I'd go crazy. I can't help but be overwhelmed by those still developing maternal feelings inside me.

I was born to be a mother. And a baker. And maybe a candlestick maker.

No comments: