Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional"

I don't know if you know this, but long distance relationships are hard. It's hard because when there's someone you're attracted to enough to make them the one and only romance in your life, you only have communication to lean on. There's no date night, there's no snuggling up and watching a movie, there's no holding hands while walking around town. The ability to talk and hold conversation for hours on end becomes crucial.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I feel as though I'm just writing to calm the storm in my mind.

Five months of long distance is a long time. Five months with only four days of actually being together. It's impressive and depressing at the same time. How can a relationship survive five months with only four days of being together? I'm not sure. Maybe it was just a really awesome friendship. Maybe it was something really good, really rare. Whatever it was, it was pretty rad.

Most good things come to an end, as did this one. At least a break. Who knows. It's a bummer, but there's nothing we can do. Greg's boss is a jerk who is determined to plan his life and course in the Coast Guard for him and I have a few nasty things to say to that man. But I won't because I'm determined to see what the outcome of this all will be. Months away, but it won't be intolerable.

2010 has been full of ups and downs.
I've braced myself for what comes next.
Bring it.

No comments: