Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Things will get better if you just hold my hand"

First of all, if you haven't heard this Akon and MJ song, you should.  I'm a fan.

Second, you should go camping on the beach.  Not only is being that close to the water all night awesome (though windy), the stars are incredible.  You can find brilliant stars elsewhere, but for some reason I really enjoy being able to lay in the tent looking up at the sky (no rain fly; too windy) while listening to the waves.  It's so peaceful.  A beautiful escape from the hustle and bustle of every day life.

Some friends and I decided to go for an overnight campout at Point Mugu last weekend.  We packed everything up and met out there just in time to witness the most gorgeous sunset while we set up the tents.  It was like any typical campout, littered with roasted hot dogs, smores, and telling stories around the fire.  We played games all night in the tent and couldn't sleep in because of the sunshine.  It was glorious.

I like being able to decide I want to get away for a day or a night or an afternoon.  I like being old enough to rent out a campsite and organize everything for myself.  I like being in nature and remembering just how small I am in this vast world.  I like holding hands, and I like the card game Scum.

I like life.
Sunset

Sunrise

No comments: