Thursday, January 13, 2011

“Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction"

I wasn't scheduled to work this week on account of my being hired as a seasonal employee.  Because of that I've found myself being super lazy.  I'm not sure what it is about not having anything I have to do that makes me think it's okay to sleep until after 12, but that's what I've done.  I feel so lazy.  I relish the beautiful sleep, of course, but at the same time I feel like I ought to be doing more.

Today I woke up around 8 and found that I couldn't fall back asleep.   I got out of bed, prepped for the day, then went and made a cake.  A dear friend of mine just returned from his mission in Indiana and I figured it would be fun to welcome him home with a cake.  Really, it was nice to have a reason to bake.  I like baking so much but even more so I love baking for someone.  Seeing someone enjoy something I've made is one of the things that makes cooking so wonderful.  

Anyway, I made this cake.  The buttercream recipe is sweet, but delicious. 
I went and picked up my culinary certificate.  Now all I need is a frame so it can go on my wall.
I spent the entire evening at Sam's house playing card games.  It was a blast.

Best day I've had in a long time.  I should start getting up earlier and baking things.
Except I'll probably sleep in tomorrow instead.

Update:: I was up before 9:30 to go to Ikea with my sister.  That's like getting the best of both worlds

No comments: