Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Feeling a little blue in January is normal"

Suddenly I've found myself on January 5, 2011 wondering how on earth I got here.  I feel like time just slipped through my fingers, but I was too busy looking somewhere else to even notice it passing.

Where did Thanksgiving go?  Christmas?  New Year's?  All throughout this holiday season I felt anxious for the actual holiday.  I felt them sneaking up on me, making my mind swirl with how quickly they were approaching.  And then they were gone.  Done.  So much anticipation and preparation for events that stuck around so briefly, I hardly even noticed them.  Don't get me wrong, I had wonderful holidays and I remember them fondly.  I'm just dumbfounded that they're already gone.  That we're already hurdling through 2011 and, before you know it, we'll be preparing for the holidays again.

2011 is going to be my year.  I don't know what is going to happen to make it so, but I can just feel it.  I'm so close to a pivotal moment of my life.  Maybe it's going back to college, maybe it'll moving away from home, maybe it'll be switching jobs.  I've already started the application process so I can be prepared for school in the Fall.  I'm already thinking about cars I might want to buy.

I'm excited for this year.  Kind of sad that last year is already over, but I'm ready for the changes that await me.

2011, show me what you got.

1 comment:

Melissa Tippets said...

I love this! I feel the EXACT same way girl. 2011...bring it!!!!