Thursday, October 20, 2011

“Music is an outburst of the soul"


I was listening to music on Spotify today when I came across a Hello Saferide song I hadn't heard before.  It's called I Wonder Who is like This One  and likens people to songs. 

It's fantstic.  I'm obsessed.  Here are the lyrics:

People are like songs, it’s true
Some seem dull at first but then they grow on you
Me, I’m like ”Can’t get you out of my head”
Annoying at times, but I make you wanna dance
But you are the only one I’ve met who’s ”God only knows”
I liked you the first time I met you
And it grows and grows and grows

People are like songs, I swear
Some found you as a child, and still they’re always there
A boy I once knew was ”Anarchy in the UK”
Burned out too quickly but in such a beautiful way
And you are the only one I’ve met who’s ”God only knows”
I liked you the first time I met you
And it grows and grows and grows

People are like songs, I’ve been told
Some claim your ears but you never hear story unfold
Oh, ”Lady gaga” or ”Your high school friends”
Reminds you of times when you were someone else
Then ”God only knows” and you pared up as two
As the turn of the seasons you come and go
I can never claim control of either of you
You’re too sweet to be just mine alone
And I try to stay humble over the fact that
Sometime when the time is right you will pass my door
The crescendo comes and…
And ”God only knows” and you have the same sad similarity
That every time it’s over I want to press play again
But the only difference appears to be 
I can force it on one of you and on the other I can’t



I'm the kind of person that puts songs to people, moods, certain events, etc.  I find joy in lyrics and I like music more when I can connect to the words I hear.  It's something that stirs the soul and fills me with so much emotion.  Music and poetry become the marriage of expression that I love.

Goodness, I love a good song.

No comments: