Saturday, December 3, 2011

"I don't understand boring guys. I really don't."

Every once and awhile I get the overwhelming desire to read Catcher in the Rye.  I'm not really sure when I fell in love with that book, but I absolutely adore it.  I like Holden, but at the same time I hate him.  And pity him.  He's the misfit, hipster boy that I want to be my best friend.  I'm fairly certain that if Holden were actually my friend, I'd hate him.

All the same, I love the book and I love Holden.  I wish I had my copy here in Idaho with me.  What was I thinking when I chose to leave it at home?

This is what my copy of the book looks like.  On a good day.

3 comments:

Heather Rose said...

I've never read this. You always talk about it. I should probably read it.

Miriam Herm said...

this explains your terrible taste in guys.

Miriam Herm said...

(and that last comment tells you how i feel about holden)