Saturday, December 10, 2011

“Life at best is bittersweet"

This was the last full week of the semester.  It's been all sorts of different for me.  I've spent entire days in my room studying, nights out with the girls, trips to Idaho Falls, and on skype dates.  Everything feels so bittersweet right now.

I've got some really awesome neighbors.  Along with my roommates Kelly and Schmems (Emily), I spend a ton of time with Xanning and Madi.  Late in the semester it became a Friday night tradition to drag our mattresses downstairs in either our apartment or theirs, watch a scary movie, and stay up until at least 4 in the morning.  It's been refreshing to have solid girlfriends out here.  These girls are some of the most ridiculous, hilarious, awesome people I have ever met.  We often say that we wish we had cameras in our apartments just to capture all the hilarity that goes down.  I'm not sure if anyone really believes that we are as awesome as we say we are.

Basically, things are really good.  When I'm not with the girls, I'm either rocking my school work or watching Band of Brothers with Mike and the other guys from 411.  With only three days left of school, I feel pretty satisfied where I'm at with all that.  It's just...everything is coming to a close and I feel like everything has just started going.  I'm settled, this feels like home.  I'm established, I've got good friends, I've got killer work ethic.

After this semester Xanning graduates, Madi leaves for winter semester.  I won't be in school in the winter and as of right now, I have neither a job nor a car, so it's promising to be an interesting few months in the frozen tundra of Rexburg.  It's going to be different, that's what makes it bitter.  Sweet because I'll be back, bitter because I'll have some adjusting to do.

Things are changing.  I think some things will be good, though.

I'm on the verge of something really good.


1 comment:

Mike Hopkins said...

Last episode soon, kid. Bring a tissue.

Although I feel like not a lot could compare to last week's.